Each year two college bound students from Juniata County are awarded Nestler College Scholarships. The deadline to submit an application is in early Spring each year.
The Nestler College Scholarship is funded by THE RICHARD J. AND LELA A. NESTLER COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP FUND TRUST.
Applications are available in the guidance office at East Juniata High School and Juniata High School, at The Juniata Valley Bank Trust and Investment Division, and on the County of Juniata website here. The applicant’s information and SAT scores are verified with each high school’s guidance counselor.
The conditions of the award of the college scholarship shall be as follows:
- The annual net income from the trust shall be given to two recipients, one from Juniata High School and one from East Juniata High School, for the purposes of a college education;
- The applicants must apply for the scholarship by May 1 with the guidance counselor at the respective schools;
- The student from each public high school with the highest combined Scholastic Aptitude Test (S.A.T.) scores shall receive the scholarship. In the event that two or more students from each high school have identical scores, criteria has been established to break the tie;
- The recipients of the scholarship shall have their tuition paid to the extent of the funds available for the academic year following their high school graduation;
- The scholarship shall be awarded each year to a high school graduate based on the above criteria.
If you’re interested on the value of scholarships awarded in recent years, read the Annual Nestler Scholarship Awards.
Download the Nestler College Scholarship Application.