CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Juniata County Prevention Board serves all of Juniata County, PA in the effort to promote a healthy and safe community by reducing risk factors for the issues youth face in their community, families, schools, and personal lives, while at the same time enhancing factors that offer youth protection. Our board is committed to making a difference to all youth, families and residents in the county. We use a data-based approach to form a profile of Juniata County’s strengths and challenges to best serve residents. Our members provide programs, events and services to area youth; we strive to be a catalyst to bring more evidence based programming to the community.
The Community Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all grant activities in the community which includes community mobilization and assisting in developing a comprehensive strategic crime and delinquency prevention framework. Project is funded through county grant funds and coordinates efforts with various county and community agencies.
The Community Coordinator will:
- Facilitate recruitment of future board members and ensure that composition of board includes appropriate community agencies, entities and individuals.
- Arrange training workshops for community prevention board members.
- Facilitate delegation of community prevention board tasks, including but not limited to collecting, organizing, and analyzing data; community outreach and public relations; and board meetings. Lead discussions related to project planning and maintenance.
- Work with community prevention board members, members of the larger community and MJHS staff to maintain/develop and implement a comprehensive community prevention plan.
- Work with Key Leaders to establish systems for the community prevention board to monitor the implementation of selected interventions.
- Oversee implementation of the preventive interventions selected by the community prevention board.
- Coordinate efforts to address local problems and assist in implementing solutions.
- Coordinate dissemination of prevention information to key leaders, schools and other youth service providers and the public.
- Represent the Prevention Board and its mission to the larger community, serving as the primary community contact for Prevention Board activities. Represent the Prevention Board on local committees and boards including but not limited to the Criminal Justice Advisory Board and the Juniata County Council of Agencies.
- Make presentations and train community board members for community outreach.
- Assist in writing grant proposals, reports, concept papers and other materials needed to obtain continued/increased funding.
- Work with MJHS staff to develop and manage budget.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least three years’ related experience in human services, program development or community development; or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with strategic partners, e.g., government agencies, non-profit agencies, schools, and business and faith-based communities.
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and professionally in public to a variety of audiences. Must possess professional demeanor. Must be able to write clear, concise and grammatically correct letters, reports and other forms of communications.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, develop solutions and take the lead in solving problems.
- Must possess strong group facilitation skills and experience.
- Must be self-directed, as well as a team player.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Local and occasional regional travel required.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and ability to work with database programs.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend events.
- Must have or be able to obtain PA State Child Clearances.
- Must possess a strong background in data analysis.
- Juniata County resident.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Ability to understand and prepare grant applications, and concept papers.
- Experience in project management and/or strategic planning such as program development, developing and evaluating outcomes, conducting data analysis and evaluation, developing operations and marketing plans and developing timelines.
- Understanding/working knowledge of youth-serving systems and agencies.
- Ability to work with youth boards and representatives.
- Familiarity with local community; experience with prevention efforts in this community.
- Experience working with local school district.
HOURS: Flexible hours (29/week). Some evenings and weekends required.
Resume’ with a cover letter and 3 references should be sent to:
Mifflin Juniata Human Services
20 N. Wayne Street
Lewistown, PA 17044
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be received until July 17, 2020.
2020 Census Jobs
The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting Pennsylvanians to assist with the 2020 Census.
A variety of temporary jobs, including census takers, recruiting assistants, office and supervisory staff are currently available.
To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years old, have a valid Social Security number, and be a U.S. citizen.
You must have a valid email address and complete an online job application to get the process started. Training is provided.
Find out how you can earn extra income while helping our community.