Bradley Kerstetter, Planning Director
Office location: Juniata County Courthouse, Bridge and Main Streets, Mifflintown
Postal address: P.O. Box 68, Mifflintown, PA 17059
Planning and Community Development Responsibilities
The Planning Department is responsible for:
- Carrying out the duties set forth in the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code (PA Act 247 of 1968, as amended by PA act 170 of 1988)
- Providing staff assistance to the Juniata County Planning Commission
- Maintaining the Juniata County Comprehensive Plan
- Coordinating with other agencies in the areas of transportation, housing, economic development, solid waste and tourism
- Providing design guidance and reviewing subdivision and land development plans
- Helping guide public policy and land use decisions related to growth and development
- Providing assistance to the Counties’ Municipalities on a variety of issues and subjects
- Juniata County Description
- Plan Reviews
- Planning Commission
- Planning Commission Annual Reports
- Municipal Ordinances
- Comprehensive Plan
- Greenways, Open Space and Rural Recreation Plan
- Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Planning Documents
- 2022 Planning Commission Meeting Dates
- Storm-Related Information
SEDA-COG Weatherization Receives Additional UGI Funding
The Weatherization program at SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG) has received additional funding from UGI to help residents of our area not only stay warm this winter, but to prepare their homes for cold weather throughout the year. This program improves energy usage within the entire house at no cost.
The Low-Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP) provides energy saving improvements to qualifying households to help reduce their utility bills and/or usage. This program presents no cost to qualifying UGI customers. It allows residents a safer living environment with a warmer home during the heating season and a cooler home during the summer. After the home energy evaluation, the following conservation services and/or equipment may include: insulation, air sealing, heating system repairs, furnace clean, tune, and safety inspection, door and window caulking and weather stripping, or carbon monoxide and smoke alarms.
For more information see the SEDA-COG Press Release
Flood Insurance is A Good Thing for Juniata County!
Many of us live in a floodplain in Juniata County. If you are a renter, homeowner or business owner, make sure you have flood insurance to cover your belongings and repair costs if a damaging flood should occur. To learn more, read about Flood Insurance.