Bradley Kerstetter, Planning Director
Office location: Juniata County Courthouse, Bridge and Main Streets, Mifflintown
Postal address: P.O. Box 68, Mifflintown, PA 17059
Planning and Community Development Responsibilities
The Planning Department is responsible for:
- Carrying out the duties set forth in the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code (PA Act 247 of 1968, as amended by PA act 170 of 1988)
- Providing staff assistance to the Juniata County Planning Commission
- Maintaining the Juniata County Comprehensive Plan
- Coordinating with other agencies in the areas of transportation, housing, economic development, solid waste and tourism
- Providing design guidance and reviewing subdivision and land development plans
- Helping guide public policy and land use decisions related to growth and development
- Providing assistance to the Counties’ Municipalities on a variety of issues and subjects
- Juniata County Description
- Plan Reviews
- Planning Commission
- Planning Commission Annual Reports
- Municipal Ordinances
- Comprehensive Plan
- Greenways, Open Space and Rural Recreation Plan
- Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Webpage Links
- Planning Documents
- 2021 Planning Commission Meeting Dates
- Storm-Related Information
Draft 2021 SEDA-COG Transportation Program Notice
The SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG) Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) announces that its Draft Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Federal Fiscal Years 2021-2024 is available for public review.
The TIP and related documents as well as instructions on how to comment can be found HERE.
Flood Insurance is A Good Thing for Juniata County!
Many of us live in a floodplain in Juniata County. If you are a renter, homeowner or business owner, make sure you have flood insurance to cover your belongings and repair costs if a damaging flood should occur. To learn more, read about Flood Insurance.