Christine McKelvey, Director
Office location: Juniata County Courthouse Annex, 30 N. Main St., Mifflintown
Postal address: P.O. Box 68, Mifflintown, PA 17059
Downloadable Forms for Domestic Relations Section
- Petition to Modify
- Request To Participate In Support Conference By Telephone
- Change Of Address Form
- Change Of Employer Form
- Medical Bills Policy
- Declaration in Support of Establishing Parentage, Form IF-020
- General Testimony, Form UF-501
- Uniform Support Petition, Form UF-001
- Intake Questionnaire
- Enforcement Petition APL
- Complaint to Establish Paternity and for Genetic Testing
The Domestic Relations Section is a division of the Juniata County Branch of the Court of Common Pleas of the 41st Judicial District. Domestic Relations is responsible for establishing and enforcing orders for child support, spousal support, alimony, support for children in the Court Placement and reimbursement to the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. Domestic Relations also assists in locating non-custodial parents and in establishing paternity.
Complaints for support are filed in the Domestic Relations Section. Both parties must appear for a conference, where orders for support are set through agreement of the parties or by the recommendation to the Court by the Conference Officer. Failure to appear as directed by the court is a serious matter which could result in the entry of an order by default, dismissal of a complaint or petition, as well as fines, imprisonment or both.
Enforcement of support orders is generally accomplished through the attachment of income. Additional methods used to collect support include intercepting income tax refunds and attaching Unemployment Compensation income. Failure to comply with the support order may result in the suspension of a driver’s licenses, the suspension of professional licenses, the suspension of hunting and fishing licenses, the reporting of delinquent accounts to Credit Bureaus and possible incarceration in the County Prison.
The Domestic Relations Section will not disclose financial information about your case by telephone. The Pennsylvania State Collection and Disbursement Unit (PA SCDU) handles collection and disbursement of all support payments. To obtain financial information about your case, contact:
P.O. Box 69110
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9110
PLEASE NOTE: No payment, financial or other confidential information may be given by telephone. All information updates, changes and/or corrections must be made in writing.
All written communication must be signed by you and must include your name and PACSES case number. Please mail all written communication to the address below.
For more information please visit these useful links, Domestic Relations FAQs:
- How Do I Get Support?
- What Do I Bring To A Support Conference?
- What Happens At The Conference?
- What If I Move Or Change Jobs?
- What If I Don’t Believe I’m The Father?
- Do I Have To Pay Fees?
- What If I Can’t Attend The Conference At The Scheduled Time?
- Can My Order Be Modified?
- What Are My Payment Options?
- How Do I Get Reimbursed For Out-Of-Pocket Medical Bills?
- Health Insurance
- Department of Human Services
- Administrative Office of the Pennsylvania Courts